Monday, April 13, 2009

One Minute Of Silence For DBS CEO

I was at one of the POSB branches in the afternoon.
A notice at the entrance caught my eyes - POSB will be observing one minute of silence at 2.45pm when the mass of DBS CEO starts.
Indeed, at 2.45pm, one of the staffs explained to the customers who are queuing up to get their transactions done at the counters, that all their staffs (including the counters' staffs) will be observing one minute of silence. During that one minute, all transactions stopped. However, everything resumed after that. I believe this should all be happening at all POSB and DBS branches, includes their Head Office at that point of time.
This was the first time I observed this. I always thought that a bank will not stop any of its transactions for anything because time equals to money. To be truthful, I was a little touch for what they did. You might say that its because its their CEO mah. Yar.... true but... i still find this touching :)

1 comment:

TBD said...

I wonder if any one of customers who are queuing at that time complained? It is completely inappropriate for the bank to impose such "silence" on their customers.