Monday, December 03, 2007

My First Marathon Race




Yes! Completed my first marathon race yesterday 02 Dec 2007.
Its The Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2007. I have participated in the 10km women race. I have been training for it s ince months ago ha... kiasu right... only 10km mah...

Anyway the race started at 8am. My god sister accompanied me in the race too. We both took a cab from our to City Hall MRT station as we woke up rather late. Anyway many roads were closed for the events, therefore the taxi driver drop us at Penisular Plaza instead. Next we "chiong" to the baggage deposit station to deposit our bags. Luckily there was no queue ha... Then we "chiong" to the STARTING point which is near to One Fullerton. We reached there around 7.45am but we were quite far away from the starting point hee... Although it is a Women category race but you will still see some guys in the crowd.... Why??? Me also not sure... I think some were accompanying their gf bah...

We ran through Shenton way, along the high rise buildings, the feeling is good, esp when the wind blow on your face... plus the whole Shenton way is closed for you to run, thats really very "bang" de haha... Luckily yest erday weather was good, like it was made for the marathon...

After completing the race, there's a great sense of satisfaction. So Fun. My god sister and I will be participating next year marathon but will be the 10km one again... Our target will be the FULL marathon a few years later... haha... dun faint k... hopefully this dream can be fullfilled :)

No comments: